Review and Swatch: MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili

MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili.

My first MAC lipstick ever! Is it worth it?




“Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M.A.C famous.”

MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili.



Back 2 MAC.

It came in a black box and when you open the box it says “Back 2 Mac” (which is one of their on-going programs). The lipstick came in a shiny black glitter tube with an engraved M.A.C by the opening above the silver stripe. On the bottom is the sticker of the finish, name, and date. 

M.A.C

The Tube.


M.A.C Packaging


This matte lipstick is VERY creamy! It was so easy to apply right off the tube but I prefer using a brush when I’m using a red lipstick for a nice clean application. It didn’t dry out my lips at all even when I didn’t use a lip balm beforehand. This is my first MAC lipstick and I’m so impressed with it! I don’t know if I will get another after this one because of their HORRIBLE customer service at the little stalls. This lipstick lasted for 3 hours and then it started to become dull afterwards. 



MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili.

Chili – Warm Brick Red w/ a Soft Matte Finish


On my lips.


Original Retail: $15
How Much I Got It For: FREE (Thanks to my little sister Kimmy!)
Size: 3 g/ 0.1 oz



I really like this shade because it doesn’t have a blue undertone to it and it really fits my warm skin tone! It’s such a perfect red for me and it has the perfect finish. I was really surprised that my lips didn’t get dried out at all. It was very creamy and easy to apply; the only bad thing would have to be how long it lasted on my lips. I’m still on the fence about MAC products though because of their stuck up little workers at the little stalls always thinking that my boyfriend and I are gonna steal from them -__- We couldn’t even get help when I wanted them to find my shade. But whatevers, my money went to somewhere else. I can't stand places without a good customer service.

Anyways, here is me wearing Chili!

Wearing CHILI.

Do you own any MAC lipstick(s)? What’s your favorite shade?

As always, thank you so much for reading!


23 comments:

  1. It's nice! I own a few MAC lipsticks. My first one ever was Plum Dandy, or course back then when I purchased it, it was $14 because it was a few years back. I really like Retro, Brick-o-la & Pillow Talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plum dandy sounds awesome (since i love raspberry/plumey shades)! Imma check out the other shades too :) thanks girl!

      Delete
  2. I want it!! I have 3 MAC lipsticks - Deliciously Forbidden, Rue d'Bois, and Prince Noir.

    The customer service at MAC really is horrid. The last time I went, the girl there stood there happily chatting away on her phone and ignored me and several other people even though it was obvious we were waiting for her help. I just gave up and left. I hate stores with snotty salespeople. I get ignored way too often at higher end department stores because they think I'm some windowshopping kid that isn't worth their time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh im gonna check out those shades ;) i know!! I hate mac's people... They're all the same too cause i've been to a couple.. Sigh just wish that it wasnt like that but it's whatever.. Im more of an urban decay kinda girl haha

      Delete
    2. Deliciously Forbidden is one of my favourites even though it's more pink than shades I usually use! Sadly all 3 were limited edition (I think). I wonder why it's apparently MAC's policy to hire rude employees... Me too lol. The few times I've had to talk to their CS on the phone they were always really polite.

      Delete
    3. Ohh boo! Haha nvm! You know that they're a bunch of kiss ass lols and thats how they got the job :P forever urban decay <3 they just need to come out with new stuff b/c it's getting repetitive.. =)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I'm super sad because I love DF and I should have bought an extra! But how do they not get fired from complaints?! It's so ridiculous. Yeah, it really is. I just heard that apparently there's a bunch of their palettes for cheap at the 2 Nordstrom Racks in town though so I'm going to check them out as soon as my next 3 midterms are over!

      Delete
    5. Yeah nordstrom rack had some good stuff :) hopefully you find something!

      Delete
  3. Such a stunning colour on you :) I own 3 Mac lipsticks and I love them all
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was my 1st time trying a MAC lipstick.. not impressed with how long it last but i love the shade :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I love that colour on you... i'm still a MAC lipstick virgin, as I have heard that the wear time on them is pretty short, but I love their other make-up so part of me just wants to give them a try. No idea what colour I would go for though, there's so many to choose. I know what you mean about rude sales staff but fortunatly the MAC shop near me in the UK is lovely, the girls are really helpful and so polite, which is probably why I've bought so much recently hehe! x

    judes-addicition.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) MAC definitely has a huge line so it would be hard to pick a shade out.. You're so lucky to hace nice MAC girls x)

      Delete
  5. the shade looks gorgeous on u Vicky!! totally loved it on u... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwws, thank you for the lovely compliment & thank you for following <3!!

      Delete
  6. such a beautiful colour! Wish I could pull off red lipsticks like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely a shade that really worked for me.. haha thanks :) welcome to my blog!

      Delete
  7. This looks so pretty on you! I REALLY want Dark Side but was wondering about the hype, may have to ask Santa Clause :-)

    www.nailtheday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! oh geez, i have a WHOLE list for Santa ;) haha MAC DARK SIDE LOOKS GORGEOUSSS!

      Delete
  8. This looks great for you! I have Creme D' Nude and Russian Red I love them both to death! I asked my aunt to buy me a lipstick called Myth.

    makeupbyisabelc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! that colour looks so gorgeous on you! just ordered mine yesterday - so excited to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice color.looks pretty on u...following u

    http://cosmetique1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete